Monday, April 26, 2010

Monday Memories


Every Mother's Day in our ward (church term = church family) the men would pass out roses for all the mothers. Eventually this tradition expanded to all the adult women because they all, in one way or another, touched a child's life. I only ever wanted to be a mother. I had a great mother and I wanted to be just like her. Mother's Day has always been a very special day to me to honor my mother and I looked forward to the Mother's Day where I would be a mother myself. My first official mother's day I was able to spend at my childhood home with my parents and my sister. My mother bought a dress for Brooklyn that matched one I had and we all stood together, in front of the house for the traditional shot for Mother's Day. I remember standing out in front of the tree, trying to keep Brooklyn still and looking at the camera. Not an easy task. I remember my mother standing in the middle. I remember how she smelled and I remember her laughter. She only ever wanted to be a Grandma. I love finding pictures of my mother with my kids. There aren't many. I love it even more when I am in them too!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails