Friday, July 4, 2008

4th of July fun!


Bobby's friend Craig asked a bit ago if we would want to go on his boat. I said, "Oh sure." My
thoughts were that if we were to go out on his boat it would be a while. But, the other day he was over and said, do you guys want to take out the boat for the fourth? Wow! Of course we do. So our family joined Craig, his wife and his son on their boat today. I don't know what I was picturing when he said boat, but it wasn't this!
Cool boat! It seats about 11 people. How fun! So this morning we headed over to their house so we could follow them to Lake Anna. The boys were very excited.
So we were all fitted for our life vests, we loaded up the boat with drinks and ice, we packed up the cars and were off. Ayden looked so cute in his life vest but seemed a bit unsure of the unsteady motion of the boat at first.
Don't worry, he got used to it very quickly. He loved holding out his hand trying to get the water that was spraying off the boat. The wind was blowing in his hair and he had a huge grin on his face. I was sitting behind him or I would have had a good picture. The first thing we did was find a quiet spot and let the kids jump in for a swim. Craig and Jan have outfitted the boat to be very kid friendly with noodles and floats. The kids loved swimming, even Ayden. He went out with Bobby and quickly figured out it was fun.



They loved swimming but that wasn't the best part. The best was yet to come. We took a break and ate some sandwiches Jan made us. As we ate Craig was pumping up some fun!

Brooklyn, Bobby and Caleb had a blast! The tube bounced and turned and flew. At one point even Caleb flew! His little legs and hips popped up so high that I was worried he'd fly right off! He didn't though and they finally convinced Seth that he should try too. Seth was very worried. He can't swim so he really gets scared of deep water. We convinced him he'd be alright with his vest on and Bobby said he'd go with him so he went for it - I was so proud of him!

At one point Craig got on with the kids so Bobby was holding Ayden. I looked over and he was taking off Ayden's life vest!?! Then I saw why...

He was finished for the day. What a busy boy!
We swam a bit more but it was getting hot out and Bobby and I were exhausted so we headed back. A few parting shots of our happy fourth!




Thank you so much to Craig and Jan for such a generous invite. The kids were thrilled and the memories will last a lifetime for sure.

7 comments:

Blarney Girl said...

What an awesome way to spend the 4th!! I love being out on the water!!

camille said...

oh what a great 4th of July activity! it looks like you guys had such a blast!

Oh, and I love the boat, very fancy! =)

Unknown said...

Truly an awesome experience! Glad you had so much fun!!

Holly said...

OHH, I'm so glad that you guys went and did something fun! It looks like everyone had a great time. And thanks for taking some awesome pics!!!

Marla said...

Oh how fun!! I hate lakes, but it looks like fun anyway! LOL Looks like the kids loved it.

Heather said...

I didn't get to go in :( no maternity suit so you could've just hung out on the boat with me Marla. LOL

Me said...

me = jealous

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails