Saturday, July 9, 2011

And Richmond Cried

Brooklyn is leaving us... for TWO WEEKS! She'll be in heaven and we will be here, missing her. See what the weather was like that day?

Richmond was sad too.

Ok, so I'm being dramatic. My sister was awesome enough to buy her a ticket, and I am very excited for her that she gets this fun trip, all to herself. Holly promised to do the same for each of the kids once they were twelve. Before the age of twelve there is huge fee from the airlines for unaccompanied minors. EEK. So this is a much better deal.

She really wanted lunch before her flight so I took her out, just the two of us. I was surprised she had never been to this restaurant. She has eaten out more than just about any of us! Can you guess where we went? I wonder if the glass gives it away because the decor at this one is a bit different than most.
Lunch was great, we were stuffed full of... wait, I can't say or it'll be too easy to guess. It was time to head over to the airport. I was hoping they would let me walk down to the gate with her so I wanted to get there in plenty of time. For the tiny Richmond airport, plenty of time is about an hour early. They let me go with her and we had time to spare!

We had even more time than we wanted. A bad storm rolled in just as it was time to board and we had to wait another 45 minutes! We passed the time chatting, taking pictures, and playing games on my phone. We also listened to a lady freak out about the bad weather. Good grief!
Around 3:40 it was still raining outside but the lightning and thunder had let up so it was time for her to board.
Brooklyn is our own, personal little ray of sunshine. When she left, the sky was crying. It poured most of that night AND the next. We'll miss you Boo! Have fun!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails