Saturday, June 26, 2010

A Little Post From Bobby

Too bad you didn't have those thick wavy locks in high school Allen, you'd have had all the chicks.
Oh no, not the evil eyebrow! It's been evil ever since I've known him.
You will eat the vanilla bean cheesecake Robert, or my name is not Matt Frey, Star Wars king!

Okay, so I want to describe my birthday with three little words: BEST BIRTHDAY EVER! What made this birthday so great Bobby, you may ask? Well, it all started with the surprise birthday party. Okay, it wasn't much of a surprise. Heather left her facebook page up. But I've never had a surprise party for my birthday. Yes, I know, I've been sorely overlooked for 33 years. But Heather made up for lost time.

So that was the first part. I got Borderlands for my birthday. Sweet, anything video games for my birthday is the greatest thing I could possibly get. I'm a game nerd, what can I say? Anyways, our friends Jen and Brian got me a giftcard to Gamestop. Double bonus! Well, that is it for the actual day of my birthday.

But the Birthday Extravaganza didn't stop there. My good friend Matt wasn't able to make it to my party, so he planned a little party of his own. Rob came into town from Vegas. He had scant little time to hang out, but he happened to have some time on a day I was off from work. Bonus! Me and Heather drove up to Northern Virginia to meet with Matt and Rob for dinner. When we got there, we hung out with Matt for a little bit then we went to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. When I walked through the door there was another surprise waiting for me. It was one of my best friends of all time Allen. We hadn't talked for a long time, there's more to that story, but needless to say it was a great surprise. So Rob bought everyone dinner, which was awesome! Matt got me Final Fantasy XIII for the PS3 and Allen got me Blur for the PS3 as well. Blur is awesome, it's a multiplayer racer that plays like Mario Kart with Dodge Vipers and Camaros. It's great and it's a great game my kids like playing. Getting Final Fantasy for my birthday, well, that was another awesome thing too. I love getting video games for my birthday or holidays or what have you, but getting FF XIII was like a dream come true. Final Fantasy is a mainstay for me. So a bunch of things aligned this birthday. I got video games, I got Final Fantasy, I got a party, and more importantly, I got to see my friends whom I rarely get to see, and one I've not seen in years. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! I don't think I'll ever forget this one. Thanks to all my friends who made it happen and my beautiful wife! I usually hate birthdays, for me to be so stoked about one, you know that a lot of things had to come together. I'm so happy that I have so many people in my life who love me so much. I think this gets overlooked quite a bit by me. But thank you all so much, I love everyone of you.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails