Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Ayden is 3!

And he knows it! We ask, "Ayden, how old are you today?"

"THREE!" he yells gleefully.

We did not get to celebrate his birthday in a big way this year but I figure, 'hey, it's the last year I can get away with it so why not?' When I got home from work I took him with me to Target and to the grocery store. Just the two of us. We picked out a red motorcycle that he can ride on. He used his birthday money from Aunt Noreen for that. Then, we went to the grocery store to pick out the cake. He chose the one with balloons. Then he asked, "Can I eat some of that?" He's so funny. We bought ice cream and he asked for skittles at the check-out. I couldn't resist. Luckily, with the cake hype, he forgot about the skittles. We will save them for another day. The first thing he wanted to do once we got home, was ride his motorcycle but it had to be put together. That was not a problem except, Bobby had dinner ready. The motorcycle had to wait. After dinner was cake. Ayden enjoyed being sung to and blowing out his candle. He chose a piece with a balloon but didn't eat any of it. Go figure. He was actually too excited for Daddy to put his bike together! Bobby got right on it and, after borrowing a hammer from a friend, he was finished in no time. I'm glad it didn't take too long as Dillon really wanted to snack on the parts. All the children surrounded Bobby as he finished it off and then, Ayden went for his first spin. He is thrilled! He has more fun to come since he still has Aunt Holly's gift to open. Yes - it's here, she got it taken care of in time, I just haven't been able to get to Wal-Mart yet. Hey, it's out of the way big time and on a very busy road. I will be able to pick it up tomorrow, I hope. Trunk or Treat and the chili cook-off will be tomorrow too. Then, we'll have trick or treating on Saturday. So Ayden will just get to load up on sugar and celebrate all week. He will enjoy every minute of it.

Ayden updates: At the ripe, old age of three, Ayden is very close to using the potty. I see it in the near future. *crossing fingers* He is stubborn and likes routine. He has to have his juice and watch "Imagination Movers" first thing every morning. In fact, he usually says it before we even take him out of his crib. Yes, his crib. He is still in his crib. He likes it. He stays put in it so I'm not pushing him out. We found a $35 crib on Craig's List for Dillon so I'm thrilled. I can't say he has a favorite food because it's hit or miss with him. He usually likes chicken nuggets, mac and cheese, pizza, pork and beans... kid stuff in general. He loves skittles. He is not a big chocolate eater and still thinks peanut butter is gross. He's my son. (Yes, I like peanut butter but I'm not it's biggest fan.) I can understand about 95% of the words he uses and I can always understand what he's trying to tell me. He is much happier now that he communicates so well and things are much calmer around here. Now he understands when I say that first he needs to do X then we will do Y. That is a new accomplishment and it's huge! He loves to play outside with his brothers. He is very social and tells everyone "Hi". He is sweet and thoughtful, totally rough and tumble and absolutely all boy!

Daddy gave his hat to Ayden and Ayden quickly turned it around to wear it 'his' way.

Daddy got a bit scary with the knife.


It wouldn't be a holiday or birthday without a little 'yelling at the toy' moment.


Ayden was such a big boy and helped Daddy.


What a sweet ride! It was worth the wait!

The video is just because I like the way he says 'airplane'. It was, in fact, the space shuttle.

2 comments:

Lacey said...

Happy Birthday Ayden!!

Holly said...

Well, even if it wasn't a 'big' deal b-day in your eyes, Ayden probably thought it was pretty cool! Looks like he had fun.
Happy Birthday Ayden!

Love,
Aunt Holly

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails