Sunday, December 20, 2009

Caleb's birthday.... late, I know

I have been a horrible blogger lately. I have been busy but that is no excuse. I really was avoiding the blogging until I got a picture of Caleb with his new bike but that never happened and I kept putting it off so I'll start with Caleb's birthday.

Caleb turned 10 on Dec. 2. We celebrated the Sunday before and let him open his presents and got him a cake. Unfortunately, the cake had flowers b/c it was bought last minute. More about that later. He requested spaghetti for that dinner. Bobby grumbled about it but then said it was the best spaghetti he had. I told him I'd remind his of that every time he complained about eating spaghetti. Caleb successfully blew out all his candles, I wonder what he wished for.

On Caleb's actually birthday we took him to Friendly's, a place totally geared to kids. Check out that kid's menu. Insane. They have a better menu than the adults. They had a great time there. The Saturday before his birthday Bobby and I played a trick on him. We talked about stopping by Target to pick up some face cream and trash bags and bought him a bike. He was totally taken off guard and was so excited. Then, Merritt sent him a bike helmet and a book and Aunt Holly sent him two books he has asked for. Grandma and Papa sent him some cash and so did Aunt Noreen - he was rich! We were going to have a party for him but since his present was quite pricey, he agreed that we could wait until next year. It really was a great birthday for him and lasted several days!

Caleb has been doing very well in school this year. I don't hear any behavior problems so if he's acting up it must not be too badly. He is working very hard to keep his grades up, he really has grown up so much this year. Caleb is great with Dillon. He's patient and eager to help him. He has a girlfriend but that is pretty much the only person we hear about. I hope he has other friends too. Caleb is trying harder to complete his chores without being reminded so he can earn time on his bike. He still asks a lot of questions and has a booming voice but he's calmer and less inclined to argue. We're so proud of him!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I love Friendly's! Sounds like Caleb is doing well, and had a good birthday. I love all the snow in the above post.

Holly said...

I'm so happy that Caleb had a great birthday. I know that sometimes he gets shafted with it being so close to Christmas.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails