Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A Tag and a Good Book

This is a neat tag Jeanette, thanks! I've never seen it done before.

Grab the book nearest you. Go to page 123. Go to the 5th sentence on the page. Type the following 3 sentences.

I don't buy books often because I just zoom through them. I usually check books out from the junior high library where I work. I'll call it homework as my students often ask for suggestions. This is from a book called Mira, Mirror by Mette Ivie Harrison and picks up with the magic mirror where Snow White left off.
Not like Talia. At least Talia knew enough not to make a fuss over this. Instead, she simply read aloud: My dearest Talia, I write this letter in the hope that we might become somewhat acquainted.
This book was pretty interesting. I do love a good spin on an old fairy tale. I read grown up books too though, I promise!



6 comments:

Heather said...

I'm posting a comment here because I forgot to tag someone in return! I tag Bethany, Naomi and Stacey-Happy are we. I'm interested to see what book Stacey has closest to her since she has a whole blog devoted to books!

Blarney Girl said...

I'm tagging myself for this, but will have to do it when I get home. No books here at work.

Naomi said...

What if none of the books close to me have 123 pages. I've got "Gerald Mc Boing Boing" does that count?

Heather said...

LOL That was my question too Naomi! Well, I think in this case, if you have to, you can go into your room or another room to find the last book you read.

Blarney Girl said...

I had Austen's Persuasion, Follet's Pillars of the Earth and C.S. Lewis' A Grief Observed all on my desk, so I picked the one I wanted to do! LOL I would have loved to have done A Grief Observed but it has less 100 pages and because Persuasion is my most favorite book in the whole wide world, it became an easy choice!

Jeanette said...

That makes me want to read your book. Thanks for playing along.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails